There are many ways to get help with your Moai. The official information is on this wiki. So if you see conflicting information, stick with information from wiki.
For support questions that you cannot find help and order related questions, it is best to email [email protected] especially when we need to access your order record. Please do not post your order information on Facebook for privacy reason.
Moai kit has 200 parts and you need help. What is the best way to give the needed information so the help can be more effective? If you are stuck and do not know where to start, it is best to provide following pictures to so we and the community can understand your situation better:
1. print result shots. Especially print failures. Please show us how it looks on the plate and the part that is sticking in the vat. It tells us a lot of information by just looking at where and how the print fails.
2. Print setup up screen capture like below. Not all print failures are caused by hardware so we can help you determine the support and orientation is sufficient for printing
2. For motions, a video is invaluable because not only it captures movement but also sounds. Even a video of the printer booting up like this provides much important information.
3. For electronic troubleshooting, a picture like this really helps to check connections:
4. For leveling, if you are having a lot of problems even with the leveling guide. Send a picture like this so we can eyeball check how bad it is off. The platform holding the vat should not raise too much over the surrounding metal parts like this:
5. And of course, please share your answers to following survey questions. We understand you may already answer some of it but by combining everything in one place makes problem-solving much effective for staff and the community:
Environment temperature: Firmware version: System Setting is default per Peopoly recommendation? (Yes/No) Build plate type: (Standard 1-piece / easy to level) Vat: (Silicon vat / FEP vat) Cura Version and Profiles: Infill %: Laser Power: Z-reset position: PM Motor Speed: Z Follow Speed: What type Vat: (Peopoly Original vat, Recoated Peopoly vat, custom vat made by the user) What type of resin: Leveling measurement: A, B, C, D (example 10.9mm)
Any user customization?:
For self-help step by step troubleshooting, please use the mindmap. : https://atlas.mindmup.com/peopoly/moai_trouble_shooting/index.html
Regular Checkup Guide
If you have been using Moai for a few months, it is best to follow this guide to make sure your Moai is running at optimal condition.
Quick Questions: What kind of resins can Moai use? Moai can use Formlabs resins as well as many other brands. Moai can use almost all 405nm UV resin. Please check resin exposure reference and in the discussion forum to confirm. For new users, we recommend getting at least 1 liter of Moai resin for initial learning.
How large can Moai print? 13 x 13 x 18 cm
Where can I get Moai parts if I broke a part? You can buy from a reseller.
What is energy rating of Moai’s laser module? It is a 150mW 405nm UV laser module with 70um spot width.
How long is the build time? 4-6 hours depending on experience. No soldering needed. All tools are included
What else do I have to buy besides Moai kit to start printing? Just Moai resins
What are the consumables? Vat and Laser Modules
- Specific help Test ring Gcode for checking printer https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzke6lBHG_z5ajN6VU1scll6QTQ
z-axis accuracy check Without the base, the cylinder is 30mm high https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzke6lBHG_z5dllYZnhURXdJWEU
Assembly Holes not tapped: https://forum.peopoly.net/t/assembly-screw-holes-not-tapped/154/14
SD card issue, use SD card formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/